expectation vs. reality
we need protagonists that are canonly aromantic in media and stay aromantic to the end or discover that they are aromantic we just need correct respentation of the aro spectrum along with the ace spectrum in media
If someone wants a romantic relationship with little or no sex, let them.
If someone wants a sexual relationship with no romance, let them.
And if someone wants a completely platonic relationship with no romance or sex, FUCKING LET THEM.
Destroy the idea that a relationship must have sex and/or romance to be “real”.
Dear aromantics, asexuals, and greys:
- You are not immature or naive.
- You are not cold and heartless.
- Your love is not lesser.
- You are not broken.
- You do understand yourself.
- You are not a liar.
- Your feelings and experiences matter.
- You deserve to be acknowledged.
- You are real.
- Have a nice day today.
Can we please stop making fun of people who are over 20 and are still virgins
Can we please stop making fun of people who are not interested in sex/are repulsed by sex
Can we please stop making fun of people who aren’t interested in a sexual or romantic relationship
to my : the bisexuals, asexuals, pansexuals, aromantics, demisexuals and anyone else who “doesn’t exist”. We are real and we are here to kick ass
I think one difficulty about asexuality/ aromanticism is that it’s really different for everyone. that#S why also have spectrums and stuff.
because if you’re homosexual you like the same gender or same sex. end of explanation.
but if you’re asexual you could be indifferent to sex, hate sex, like sex because exercise, you could be aromantic or not aromantic, you could be ok with kissing and cuddling or averse to all forms of touch.
same with aromantic. asexual or not asexual, is kissing romantic, is cuddling romantic, do I like fluffy romance stuff just because, or do I hate it.
it’s different for every single person.
one person could be aromantic asexual and like sensual contact very much and therefore be ok with cuddling and even kissing and stuff and another aro-ace person is just like “no. get away from me”
not to mention alloromantic-asexuals and allosexual-aromantics which can have one but not the other and to what extend is up to them.
it’s because the dimension is different. we don’t explain who we love. we explain how we love them. it’s a whole other direction than which direction you choose to like. if that makes any sense at all.
Ten rape prevention tips:
1. Don’t put drugs in women’s drinks.
2. When you see a woman walking by herself, leave her alone.
3. If you pull over to help a woman whose car has broken down, remember not to rape her.
4. If you are in an elevator and a woman gets in, don’t rape her.
5. When you encounter a woman who is asleep, the safest course of action is to not rape her.
6. Never creep into a woman’s home through an unlocked door or window, or spring out at her from between parked cars, or rape her.
7. Remember, people go to the laundry room to do their laundry. Do not attempt to molest someone who is alone in a laundry room.
8. Use the Buddy System! If it is inconvenient for you to stop yourself from raping women, ask a trusted friend to accompany you at all times.
9. Carry a rape whistle. If you find that you are about to rape someone, blow the whistle until someone comes to stop you.
10. Don’t forget: Honesty is the best policy. When asking a woman out on a date, don’t pretend that you are interested in her as a person; tell her straight up that you expect to be raping her later. If you don’t communicate your intentions, the woman may take it as a sign that you do not plan to rape her.
1. Lay on the floor of your shower until you can breathe again. Water will always love to love your skin.
2. Start writing with the intention of filling up one page. Write until your pen stops working.
3. Reread a book that once made you cry. Learn something new on every page. Notice how different chapter make you sad. Notice how the book didn’t change and grow; you did.
4. Sleep with your windows open. You can hear both the rain and boys drunkenly singing Frank Sinatra on their deck. Both are equally good.
5. Don’t forget that honey will always taste sweet, but the best way to eat it is off your fingers, laughing.
6. Remember that, sometimes, getting out of bed is enough.
|—||For unhappy girls who like sitting in the sun (h.f.j.)|
|—||favorite response to some dude saying the Wonder Woman costume isn’t sexy enough on Facebook (via agentturner)|